A complete In-House Laboratory provides blood test results without doctors having to send blood to an outside laboratory service. The ability to obtain rapid test results is at times literally lifesaving with critical patients and emergencies.
With any surgery, whether a scheduled routine surgery or an emergency surgery, preanesthetic blood tests are highly recommended to ensure that your pet can properly process and eliminate an anesthetic. Tests are run to confirm that your pet’s organs are functioning properly and to make sure there are no hidden medical problems that lab tests would reveal. Pre-anesthetic laboratory samples are processed in a timely manner, allowing our doctors to have quick access to information to help determine the safety of anesthetic protocols.
Our medical records software communicates directly with our In-House Laboratory system and instantly downloads all test results into your pet’s medical history.
Our laboratory diagnostics include:
- Blood Chemistry Analysis
- Complete Blood Count
- Heartworm infection (canine and feline)
- Feline Leukemia Test
- Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (feline AIDS)
- Feline Heartworm test
- Dermatophyte (ringworm testing)
- Antifreeze Toxicity Testing
- Pancreatitis (canine and feline)
- Blood Gas Analysis
- Blood smear evaluation
- Coagulation testing
- Cytology to diagnose ear and skin infections
- Fine needle aspirate for cytology of masses
- Direct and fecal flotation
- Giardia Testing
- Serum allergy testing
- Skin testing for mange
- Urinalysis, including sedimentation
- Tick panel (canine ehrlichiosis, lyme disease and anaplasmosis)
- Thyroid screening
- Skin and ear cytology
If necessary, we can send samples to a professional veterinary diagnostic lab for hundreds of other, more specialized testing, with turnaround time typically just a couple of days.